May 17, 2006

Introduction

I love tamil movie songs.... I simply love them to a point that it can be called an addiction... I have tapes of songs from 1978, I have a ton of CDs and now a ton of them on our iPod and I am constantly listening to them on two of my favorite radio stations on the internet: Merina and NUM radio

However, all this time, I have been fascinated by the music and the tunes and despite the fact that I have been fascinated by the lyrics, I never paid much attention to them. Why? My theory has been that my brain has only so much capacity that I either can remember the tunes or the lyrics and not both. And that it would be easier to find lyrics than tunes...

So, after all these years, I have begun paying attention to the lyrics and am beginning to discover a treasure... I am trying to pick a few that is very appealing to me (thats right, me!!!) and catalog them here for others to enjoy and comment on....

I cannot rememebr all the four sisters of my good friend Sanjai. I need to put it in here so I can look it up on demand - sarita, neelu, pallu pappu.

Kala Prasad and her Daughter
Kala Prasad and her Daughter

No comments: