Jul 12, 2009

Siragugal vanthatu - Sarvam; சிறகுகள் வந்தது - சர்வம்

You must listen and see the song on YouTube (link provided below). What a great song! I have not been able to get the tune out of my system for the past three days. Yuvan Shankar Raja has done a tremendous job and Javed Ali and Madhushree have sung reasonably well. My complaint about the non-Tamils killing the lyrics continue. Half of what Madhushree (Bengali, apparently) is saying is simply cannot be heard! I have marked the guesses with a (*)

"Wings arrived so I could fly some place; Nights ended slowly in my eyes; My thoughts are yearning to see you". "My dreams are overflowing, where do I collect them? Mountains come together so I can go in (Weird and I have no idea what this means)..."

"In search of you, this yearning, this path, this travel all became the words I am uttering now".

As I am going through this, I am planning to dump futher translation because it won't do justice to the beauty of lyrics. Definitely a case of "lost in translation". If you don't understand Tamil, just sit back and enjoy the beautiful tune, fantastic picturization and Trisha!




6 comments:

marry said...

wow Very Melody Songs . I like this song very much . Here is a good news to all tamil movie fan rajin enthiran going to hit shortly

White Pearl Moon said...

Your translation was awesome!! Thank you for sharing and I agree this song is simply amazing :)

Sadish said...

மிகச் சிறப்பான மொழிபெயர்ப்பு...
நானே எழுத வேண்டும் என்று இருந்தேன், நீங்கள் முந்திவிட்டீர்கள்.

ஒரு சில வார்த்தைகள் என் காதுகளில் வேறு விதமாய் ஒலிக்கிறது. நீங்களும் இன்னும் ஒரு முறை கேட்டுப் பார்த்து, தேவைப் பட்டால் சரி செய்யுங்கள்.

1. உன்னை உன்னைத் தேடித் தானே
இந்த ஏக்கம் இந்தப் பாதை இந்தப் பயணம் இந்த வாழ்க்கை ஆனதோ?

2. தீயின் கீழே காற்றின் வெளியே
3. விழி நனைந்திடும் நேரம் பார்த்து

எதற்கும் நீங்களும் ஒருமுறை கேட்டுவிடுங்கள்.

அன்புடன்
சதீஷ்

Ravi said...

சதீஷ்

நன்றி. Misty Look உங்களுடையது தானே?

ரவி

Sadish said...

MistyLook மட்டுமல்ல, சில பல வார்ப்புருக்கள்(Themes) எம்முடையவை. http://wprocks.com/demo/ இல் என்னுடைய எல்லா வார்ப்புருக்களையும் பார்க்கலாம்.

Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate it if the lyrics to tamil songs are translated to English. It just wont be right if we love a Tamil song already because of the tune, watever picturization and the artistes, without knowing a single word they are uttering! Once we love a particular song, watever language it is, for sure we would want to know the very meaning of it. Since you mentioned that the lyrics are beautiful, then you should take the opportunity to share. But too bad, with selfish people like you around, interested people are unable to learn more languages in this world. Its alright. We can just get help from 'unselfish' people instead.