Jul 26, 2008

Muthal Muthal Parthen - Priyasakhi




Very melodious song. The lyrics here is for the version that the woman (Chitra) sings. There is a predictable version by the man, which is essentially a line by line response to this.

This is really not a run of the mill "romantic" tamil song, that is why I liked the lyrics. "As soon as I saw you, I lost it" is the routine line. However, "Soon thereafter I felt a new conflict within me, is that what the world calls love?" "I want you to breathe the same air that I breathe but with love" are good variations.

"Tie 108 stars together to make an anklet and tie it in my ankle" ; "I ask you for a pair of shoes made of peacock feathers and a clock that never runs during the night"; "You should not breathe without my permission; however, you should touch me all over without asking my permission" - Obviously one can guess why she is looking for a clock that does not work at night. That must be because these are young, energetic and new lovers ;))

These lines I really love - "If you happen to get ready to go to work at the same time that I am feeling full of passion, I will tie you with a single strand of my hair and you shall not leave"; "I will cook you little little kisses"; "Let us ask for a mattress to be made with the froth from oil and let us have passionate activities until I say no to it" Obviously a lot got lost in translation and I am not the best translator that there is!!!

I have not been able to find a video version of the song and the audio links are all garbage, requiring you to get an account and log in. If anyone out there finds a useful link for the song, please post it. Thanks to Mathu, now you can watch the beautiful song.... though I am not a big fan of Sadha's face ;)


2 comments:

Mathu said...

Hey, I too love this song. I was just crazy of this song when it was out. A real mind-blowing song!!
Here's the link to watch it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsccE9P7s_E

Anonymous said...

Good job
http://dhivyarajashruthi.art.officelive.com