Dec 27, 2010

கண்ணானால் நான் இமையாவேன் - சாரதா

One of those old classics that Really like. Very simple tune with the usual TMS-Susheela pair. My guess would be that this was one of Viswanathan - Ramamurthy creations.

Woman: "If you are the eyes then I am the eyelids. If you are the breeze, then I am the creeper" Man: "If you are the earth, then I am the tree; If you are the rains then I am the crops"

This is all Kannadasan and I don't dare interpret it. But it looks like the woman says I will be your protector and then says how she is the "giving in" type. The man then says how he protects the earth as a tree (shade, that is) and then goes on to say how he flourishes under her. This is all what I gather and I could be all wrong!

Woman: "If you are the language, I am the meaning; If you are the thorn than I am the flower" Man: "If you are the parrot then I am the fruit; if you are the question then I am the answer". You can take these literal translations and extrapolate it like I did before :)

Woman: " If you are the ocean then I am the river; if you are the arrow than I am the bow" Man: "If you are body then I am the soul; If you are the sound then I am the music"

I am not sure about this last stanza - totally out of rhyme and the tune is completely different. I won't bother with it. I am really not fond of that part in the song.

You can listen to the song at: http://music.raag.fm/Tamil/songs-12437-Sarada_-Various 

கண்ணானால் நான் இமையாவேன் 
காற்றானால் நான் கொடியாவேன்
மண் என்றால் நான் மரமாவேன்
மழை என்றால் நான் பயிராவேன்

மொழியானால் பொருளாவேன்
முள்ளானால் மலராவேன் 
கிளியானால் கனியாவேன்
கேள்வி என்றால் பதிலாவேன்

கடலானால் நதியாவேன்
கணையானால் வில்லாவேன் 
உடலானால் உயிராவேன் 
ஒலியானால் இசையாவேன்   


உள்ளம் என்பது உள்ள வரை 
உன் மனமே என் பள்ளியறை 
கல்லில் வடித்த சொல் போலே
அது காலம் கடந்த இன்பநிலை 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The MD of this film was KVM, not Viswanathan-Ramamurthy.