May 31, 2008

Uruguthe Maruguthe - Veyil






















Beautiful tune... The music director for this song is GV Prakash Kumar, son of Reihana who is A. R. Rahman's sister. Shankar Mahadevan is brilliant as usual and Shreya Ghoshal has matched him well.

The use of Ambuli instead of the usual Nila is a good change. When I looked at "karutha machchaan" I was a little perturbed because I knew that Bharath was in this movie and I would not consider him dark. It turns out that he is not in this song. And it is indeed a karutha machchaan...

I really enjoyed the lines where he first does a dry run of him living together with his lover in his mind and now he wants to make it a reality.

Also the lines "Can I write and give to you that my blood is all yours?" is pretty good. If it could have been written in a way that he uses his blood to write it, it would have been cool.

This is one which I like a lot for the melody than the lyrics.

No comments: